Thursday, November 15, 2007

MAMMOTH LOVE

Born in sunny June
Gone in gloomy October
Life disappears and love stays behind
Memories of joy light up cold autumn darkness
Mammoth Love will carry you through

The concept of death is tears and sorrow
The concept of (Mammoth) Love is eternal and unconditional
Comfort and devotion

Mammoth life now feels ancient
Leftovers from another era
But still it warms every day
Refusing to extinct
Like my scar it stays to the day I die

Candles lit on days of birth and death
Photos watching me
Eyes burning my neck,
Heating my heart
Powering it with happy memories
Icing it with bad:

Teenage years of uproar and angst
Words never said
Words uttered and regretted
Actions best forgotten
Cold winds of realisation paralyse me and remind of Truth:

The unbelievable reality of loss

Mammoth is dead
Long live Mammoth Love

No comments: